Sunday, March 21, 2010

Diabetes causing bad breath possible hair loss and dandruff what can I do?

I was diagnosed with type two diabetes about 6 months ago.


I've gotten on the medication metformin.


I have lost 40 pounds or so.


I am wondering if there is anything at all I can do about my skin condition of dry skin and also am concerned about the bad breath.





I brush my teeth a few times a day but it still stinks after a few hours. I get tired of brushing it out again. **sigh**Diabetes causing bad breath possible hair loss and dandruff what can I do?
I eat breath savers like they are going out of style! they don't have very much sugar in them and I plan in some for every day. Also other breath mint thingies.





Dry skin: Use bath oil, baby oil, etc before getting out of shower or tub. Then rub in some lotion. Add a bit of natural fats like butter, whole milk, etc to your food plan. It works wonders for dry skin.





Hair loss and dandruff will neutralize after a while being on the Metformin. I don't know why it causes the problem, but it does. The dandruff is the same as the dry skin problem. I use a moisturizing conditioner on my hair and be sure to rub it in to scalp well. Brush hair frequently!!!Diabetes causing bad breath possible hair loss and dandruff what can I do?
Are you checking your blood sugars? High blood sugars causes ketones in the blood which can show up as bad breath. Weight loss could also cause ketones if you are losing it too fast. Dry skin is water balance. When you are losing weight you need to drink more water than you want by thirst alone. I keep a bottle in every place I spend time and take a drink every time I look at the bottle, it helps. There is no mask or cure for bad breath caused by ketones in the blood. But when you weight is at the normal level and you are managing your blood sugars, you will stop producing ketones.
maybe a side effect of the metformin..discuss this with your doc..there are other alternatives if this is really bothering you
Iam sorry for what you are going through, My advise is contact you doctor about it and the earlier the better but in all just ber firm you will go through it if you are srong and just to let you know that you are not alone, please let you doctor know what you are experiecing. Praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment