Sunday, March 21, 2010

What causes your face to be dry and causes alot of dandruff and hair loss. Took accutane a year ago.?

Sounds like it could be 'hypothyroidism'.





I have it and I experience many of the same symptoms.





For my facial dryness I apply a special lotion called 'Desonide' every night. I got it from a dermatologist.





For my scalp, I use Head and Shoulders, or another dandruff shampoo. The trick is to let the shampoo soak in for at least 5 minutes. So apply it, then wash your body and/or face before rinsing it out. Also, be sure to exfoliate (scrub) your scalp well.





It causes some hair loss, too.





Go to your doctor, and tell her to check you for hypothyroidism (low thyroid hormone). She'll give you a blood test. If you're positive, she'll give you 'Synthroid' (or a generic version).





Don't know about the Accutane. But it sounds like hypothyroid to me.
  • beauty tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment